Site and Privacy Policies
1. Site Policy
The purpose of the Site is to raise awareness regarding tourism in Shimada City and other areas in the Oi River basin and to attract tourists to the area. Efforts to achieve this include the dissemination of tourism-related content on the appeals and attractions of the area
– The text, images, and other works included in the Site are the property of Shimada City and its licensors.
– Secondary use (including duplication, reuse, and sale) of said works without the approval of the relevant copyright holder is strictly prohibited. – Please ask the Tourism Division before quoting any content from the Site. – Names (including company and brand names) mentioned in the Site are generally trademarks or registered trademarks of related companies.
(i) Links to the Site – You can freely create a link to the Site. However, a link from a website or a linking method which is deemed to be “contrary to public order and morals” or “likely to cause damage to or discredit a third party or the City” may be rejected.
– As a general rule, please provide a link to the top page of the Site (https://oi-river-trip.com/). The URL of an individual information page may be changed when, for example, the configuration of the Site is changed.
– If you create a link to the Site, please indicate that you are linking to the Site.
(ii) Links from the Site
– The Site may include links to websites operated by “public organizations including national and local governments or other equivalent organizations”, “organizations related to Shimada City”, “business operators which provide software required to view content offered by the Site”, and “other organizations about which the City specifically determines that the provision of information is necessary” (the “Linked Sites”). Please note that, in principle, no other links will be created in the Site.
– Links to Linked Sites are provided for your convenience, and Shimada City does not endorse any of the Linked Sites.
The Site will collect, use, and manage your Personal Information appropriately in accordance with Shimada City’s Personal Information Protection Ordinance in order to be a website people can feel secure to use.
(1) What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is defined as personally identifiable information that is provided to Shimada City via the Site, such as a person’s address, name, telephone number, and e-mail address.
(2) Collection of Personal Information
You can use general content of the Site without disclosing your Personal Information. For some content, however, you will be requested to enter your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, as necessary. For the form for entering said Personal Information on the Site, SSL encryption technology (*) shall be adopted to encrypt communication data so that the transmitted Personal Information may be protected.
* SSL, which stands for “Secure Sockets Layer”, is a mechanism for encrypting communication between your browser and the server. Typically, you do not need to make any special settings in order to use this function, but SSL may not be available if you have changed the settings of your browser or for reasons related to your communication environment. In such cases, please note that Shimada City shall not be liable for such unavailability nor shall Shimada City be required to respond to your inquiries about setting methods, etc.
(3) Use of Personal Information
The City shall use the collected Personal Information only within the scope of the intended purpose of use, such as responses to inquiries.
(4) Management of Personal Information
The City shall ensure that its responsible department will manage the collected Personal Information and take appropriate measures for preventing leakage, misuse, or alteration of said Information.
3. Changes to the Policies
The Site and Privacy Policies of the Site are subject to change in the future and all changes to the Policies shall be effective immediately upon being posted to the Site. Thus, you are advised to check the Policies on the Site from time to time.
(1) Important notes related to SNS buttons
– Website of the Personal Information Protection Commission (external site: a separate window will open) https://www.ppc.go.jp/news/careful_information/sns_button_life/
(2) Use of Google Analytics
– How Google Uses Information from Sites or Apps That Use Our Services (external site: a separate window will open) https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=ja You can disable Google Analytics by downloading and installing the “Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on” and changing your browser’s add-on settings. If you disable Google Analytics, it will be disabled for the Site and other websites as well. You can enable Google Analytics again by re-configuring your browser add-on.
– Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on (external site: a separate window will open) https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
(3) Use of booking and payment functions
– The booking and payment functions for products on the Site are based on the TXJ system provided by Tourism Exchange Japan, LLC. (“TXJ”) and are linked to the website operated by TXJ.
– Before using the booking and payment functions, please see the Site Policy of the TXJ website.